Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Started on SOA 11g and AIA 30

I have atlast managed to do some hands on SOA 11g and AIA 3.0. But there are quite a few initial issues that I faced when I started off, with Jdeveloper. In 10g, it does not make a difference to work with Jdev 10.1.3.3 or 10.1.3.4 as the basics would function the same. By basics, I mean creating a project, connection or deploying. In 11g, I am still not sure if thats the issue, but three of us (me and a couple of my colleagues) faced the same issue and we were able to resolve it when we upgraded the Jdev. Btw the issue was that we were able to create a SOA-MDS connection (a SOA-MDS connection is used to refer to the AIA Components and it in turn uses a DB connection with the username DEV_MDS) but we were not able to see any schemas or wsdls. Again, as I had already mentioned, these connections could be made specific to workspace or application. It worked when we created the connection specific to application.

 
What we then did was to uninstall the JDEV 11.1.1.1.0 and upgrade to 11.1.1.2.0. We need an extension to this JDEV specifically for working with SOA projects (soa-jdev-extension). I again recommend to upgrade this to the corresponding JDEV version, soa-jdev-extension v11.1.1.2.0.12.16.

 
All set…but JDEV is killing my system. I run on 1GB RAM ! Happy Jdev’ing.

 Cheers,
- AR

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License